Welcome to a restart of the Broken Windows Review project. These posts are intended to simplify the cleanup of closed questions. By listing a number of such questions in a single meta thread, users can quickly find questions that are in need of improvement, reopening or deletion. See this post for details on the original Broken Windows project. For a list of previous entries in the series, check the broken-windows-review tag.
This review will end on January 15th.
What's the goal?
Improving the site by reducing the number of closed questions. During the review users are encouraged to use the tools available to them (edit, flag, vote to reopen, vote to delete)
The outcome of the review for a closed question can be one of the following:
- improved: this should always be the first goal, unless the question deserves deletion and edits would be wasted effort
- reopened: the question was closed unjustly or has been improved enough to be reopened
- deleted: the question no longer adds anything to the site
- kept: this should be a rare outcome but some questions should be kept closed and not deleted, such as:
- exact duplicates that are highly searchable and provide useful redirects to the parent question
- questions that are borderline off-topic but have high-quality anwers
If you wish to start a meta discussion about one of the posts in this review, please use one answer below per question. All further discussion of that question can be done in the comments on that answer. Please don't discuss multiple questions in a single post. This helps keep each question's discussion in one spot.
Submitting a question
If you've found a closed question that you want to discuss during this review, please submit a link in the comments on this post. Submissions are only considered during the first days of the review. Note that questions should have been closed for at least 2 days so deletion votes can be cast and to ensure that the review process doesn't interfere with questions that are still actively being improved.
Submissions will no longer be accepted after January 9th.
Questions for Review
Off-topic - Company-specific / Legal
Off-topic - Real questions have answers
4. https://workplace.stackexchange.com/questions/59975/why-were-bad-at-assessing-risk - Automatically Deleted
8. Advice on mixing union and non-union workers - Re-opened (+9)