I asked this question, Should I tell my employer that I need to appear in court. It was useful for me and probably will be for others, but I probably shouldn't have that attached to the account I use for work. Is there a way I can be disassociated with it without deleting it?

Not a duplicate of How should we handle work sensitive questions? because my focus is on past questions after the mistake has been made.

  • Did you already flag the question for moderator attention?
    – Lilienthal Mod
    Jun 22, 2016 at 22:01
  • 2
    Possible duplicate of How should we handle work sensitive questions?
    – gnat
    Jun 22, 2016 at 22:30
  • @gnat I don't see how that's a dupe. This asks how to disassociate; that asks how careful one should be. Jun 23, 2016 at 2:09
  • @MonicaCellio check the answer over there: "You can ask Stack Exchange to disassociate the question from your account..."
    – gnat
    Jun 23, 2016 at 2:12
  • 1
    But we evaluate duplicates based on the question, not on the answers. Jun 23, 2016 at 2:14
  • 2
    @MonicaCellio that's not how I read MSE guidance: "if the other question helps them, they're happy because they got an answer... this is subtly different from saying "If that other question isn't asking the exact same thing as yours..." That's because the proof is in the answers... we now indicate "This question already has an answer here"... The fundamental goal of dupes is to help people find the right answer by getting all of the answers in one place... much better experience for the asker and the Googler who just want to find an answer."
    – gnat
    Jun 23, 2016 at 2:24
  • 2
    In this case, both the question AND answers on the "possible duplicate" don't apply here so the distinction doesn't really matter.
    – enderland
    Jun 29, 2016 at 18:51
  • 1
    Now you have to have this question disassociated too! I would create another meta question to delete you from this question :)
    – blankip
    Jul 1, 2016 at 20:02

1 Answer 1


Moderators cannot disassociate posts, but employees can. The most efficient way to make this happen, therefore, is to use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page. Include the URL of the post you want to disassociate and ask them to do it. The post, and any rep changes that came from it, will be disconnected from your account.

If you use a flag to request this, mods will just turn around and forward it to the community managers once we see it. So you might as well cut out the middleman.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .