A bit much for a flag text, so...
It starts with New employee has offensive Slack handle due to language barrier
A manager asks what he should do about an employee not able to speak english properly and not able to understand his chat name is offensive and embarassing.
Final update, solved (that was several days ago):
I asked the other employee who was able to translate to explain which word was the issue, while the employee with the bad handle seemed embarrassed, they were happy to oblige. Definitely was a language barrier issue, but problem solved.
Some days later, the "manager" got suspended in the meantime...
Now, https://workplace.stackexchange.com/questions/79003/manager-tell-me-slack-name-not-ok appears to be that employee, still not understanding anything in English and still clueless about the meaning of the chat name.
- The manager solved the problem some days ago
- The employee has a real name (says it is real) that doesn't exist
- The employee has a Github account created some minutes ago
- The employee somehow knows the exact reason why the manager was banned
- The employee acts too stupid for any human being
=> Can't be legit. And I'm sure that's not the last question from him.
The question gets much activity ... "reward" for such a behaviour...
There is also a second meta post: https://workplace.meta.stackexchange.com/questions/4013/why-i-troll-from-question