I created Professional Careers and Advice at Area 51. Then this proposal came along which I think is a superset of mine. I'd like to recommend people come here instead (I've already added an announcement).
But I would also like to test some of the questions from that proposal. Is that ok? I guess so but it is worth mentioning a few in case they are completely off topic. E.g.:
- I enjoy creative problem solving, delivering quality solutions, presenting and coaching. I have an IT background. What jobs match this profile?
- What is the pros and cons of Software Developers doing Management Courses?
- In interviews my mind goes blank - I just freeze up. Does anyone have any tips for overcoming this?
- What are your top three questions for interviewing candidates?
- I live in [Toronto] and want to start work as a [software tester]. I have a batchelors in IT. What starting salary should I expect?
Are they all on topic?
(See also Merge Career Proposals and particularly the accepted answer.)