- Should questions exclusively about the academic workplace be on topic here?
This has also been ongoing for a while now as I understand - confusion and lack of clarity regarding what to do with these types of questions.
As a moderator, I'm a bit hesitant to immediately migrate questions which are nearly exclusively about the academic workplace, mainly because as a site I do not think we've established this to be the case. We also fairly frequently get custom flags on questions from a variety of users recommending migration to Academia. This question just picked up 3 "migrate to academia" flags, for example.
I'm opening this discussion to get a better feel for what as a community we want to do with these questions.
For reference, I am talking about questions which:
- Relate to academic hierarchical structures (whether interpersonal questions, career types of questions, etc)
- Involve student workers reporting to academic supervisors (RA/TA, thesis student/advisor issues, hourly employees, etc)
- Have questions over working hours within an academic environment
- Are primarily about navigating the academic setting (questions about job titles, promotions in academic environments, etc)
There are probably more specific types, but these are the ones I can think of offhand.