If we don't want that, could an admin please update it to something nicer?
It's a bit rude, and if it were in a post or comment gratuitously it'd be flag-worthy, but in general, SE lets people use their profiles as they like so long as they aren't blatantly offensive. The official guidance includes the following:
- Generally speaking, your "about me" is just that—what you want to share with the world, and we try to allow users a good bit of freedom there.
- However, in the rare cases where what's there is likely to be truly offensive to large groups of seemingly reasonable people, we may not allow it.
And this expansion:
We will probably not allow:
- Most terms or statements that directly malign (non-famous) individuals
- Any terms or statements that imply something derogatory about a racial, ethnic, religious, gender or sexual orientation group
- Things that are likely to be strong emotional triggers (like rape, suicide, etc.)
- Statements that appear to be demonstrably libelous
We will probably allow:
- Things groups or individuals would vehemently disagree with, but don't seem to directly malign them.
The text in the profile in question is: "I dun hacked into your shit, bitch!" Mild profanity has been allowed to stand in profiles before and it doesn't appear to be a specific attack against a person or group, so meh. If that's how this user wants to present himself to the world, it's on him.
Thanks for raising the concern.