Did we activate or turn up bot detection lately? I'm getting a lot of "An error occurred during the edit" (or during posting answers) lately. For instance, I just got both errors trying to post and then edit my answer here:
I got the error when I tried posting the answer, so I reloaded the page and tried posting again - assuming my answer was saved as a draft. I got the captcha bot-check (which I passed!) but then my post was cut off because the draft hadn't contained the last chunk of what I wrote. So I tried editing the text in, but trying to post my edit resulted in the generic error message. I tried reloading the page, closing the browser, etc and just got the error.
I did finally get the edit to work from my phone instead of my PC. I've seen this a few other times recently, where I get the generic error message, then reload the page and I get the captcha, which is why I'm wondering if the original error was a buggy attempt at presenting me with the captcha in the first place - but sometimes I never get the captcha and I'm effectively just blocked from using the site at all, because I get the generic error for any action I try to take. It usually seems like switching to another device makes the problem go away. Sometimes it seems like after I use another device (ie my phone) to post, I can go back to my laptop and use that just fine.
Editing to add a screen shot of the error since it happened again this morning: