Generic sysadmin. Hack coder. Jack of all trades, master of some.
I expect you to read any reference material I link to in my answers. If the answer to your question is contained in said reference material and the reference source is not likely to disappear I will probably not cut and paste it onto SF unless it's really cool/interesting/obscure.
In return I promise not to link anyone to goatse or tubgirl
I expect you to think for yourself and do a little thinking (and mayhaps even some work) to solve your problems. If you aren't capable of this, please exit the profession via the door on your left.
In return I promise to do my best to aim you in the right direction, and to clarify any points you have trouble with
New York, United States
Member for 7 years, 9 months
12 profile views
Last seen Nov 2 '16 at 21:07
- Server Fault 76.4k 76.4k 1414 gold badges118118 silver badges205205 bronze badges
- Aviation 63.8k 63.8k 77 gold badges201201 silver badges313313 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 9.9k 9.9k 11 gold badge2424 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- The Workplace 5.5k 5.5k 11 gold badge2727 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Super User 2.1k 2.1k 1515 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 384 Something is burning in the server room; how can I quickly identify what it is?
- 348 Why is "chmod -R 777 /" destructive?
- 250 Sudo as different user and running screen
- 133 Can you help me with my capacity planning?
- 125 How should I properly approach my boss if I'm feeling underpaid?
- 107 The MIT License – Clarity on Using Code on Stack Overflow and Stack Exchange
- 98 Can you help me with my capacity planning?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (11)
16 Who should our beta moderators be? Apr 19 '12
6 Common-Sense questions Apr 19 '12
6 Is this site only for “Seasoned Professionals”? Apr 20 '12
3 “I don't know” isn't an answer Apr 21 '12
3 How could this question be saved? Apr 20 '12
3 Are “it depends” answers a sign of a bad question? Apr 19 '12