I am a PhD student in Physics that studies math as a hobby.
My current mathematical interests involve p-adic and adelic numbers and in particular their applications to alternative formulations of quantum mechanics that do not have a "preferred" number system.
My favorite mathematical proof is Euler's solution of the Basel problem using the infinite product representation of the sinc function.
Member for 5 years, 8 months
0 profile views
Last seen Apr 12 at 16:35
Top network posts
- 38 Why can't you square both sides of an equation?
- 38 I think I can complete the square of any quadratic, is it true? (Any reason to ever use Quad. Formula?)
- 26 Series expansion of the determinant for a matrix near the identity
- 26 Is computer science a branch of mathematics?
- 23 Series expansion of the determinant for a matrix near the identity
- 22 Explanation of Lagrange Interpolating Polynomial
- 20 Dedekind-Like construction of p-adic numbers
- View more network posts →