I'm a retired programmer, computer architect, and long time contributor to USENET, especially comp.lang.java.programmer.
I'm now learning web application writing for fun, so I expect to need a lot of answers. I'll try to contribute as well.
San Diego, CA
Member for 5 years, 2 months
0 profile views
Last seen Apr 30 at 3:16
- Academia 27.1k 27.1k 1414 gold badges4747 silver badges8181 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 22.9k 22.9k 22 gold badges2929 silver badges6161 bronze badges
- The Workplace 20.8k 20.8k 55 gold badges4040 silver badges7676 bronze badges
- Travel 7k 7k 22 gold badges2525 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- Expatriates 904 904 11 gold badge55 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 403 Is 8:00 AM an unreasonable time to meet with my graduate students and post-doc?
- 309 Did I overreact to my boss asking me to get him coffee?
- 272 How to prevent students from using modified calculators to cheat on exams?
- 179 A student keeps using a native language while asking questions in the class when the course is taught in English
- 160 Upset by male classmates openly comparing female students according to physical appearance
- 157 How can I deal with managers that refuse to accept use of common software engineering design patterns?
- 156 Professor expects me to attend a conference. I can't afford to go,even with 50% funding
- View more network posts →
-1 Is it OK to name and shame? Dec 2 '16