I'm a retired programmer, computer architect, and long time contributor to USENET, especially comp.lang.java.programmer.
I'm now learning web application writing for fun, so I expect to need a lot of answers. I'll try to contribute as well.
San Diego, CA
Member for 6 years, 4 months
1 profile view
Last seen Mar 26 at 20:02
- Academia 32.4k 32.4k 1515 gold badges5757 silver badges9898 bronze badges
- The Workplace 29.9k 29.9k 88 gold badges6161 silver badges9898 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 24.5k 24.5k 22 gold badges3333 silver badges6767 bronze badges
- Travel 12.6k 12.6k 33 gold badges3737 silver badges6161 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 3.9k 3.9k 99 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 406 Is 8:00 AM an unreasonable time to meet with my graduate students and post-doc?
- 314 Did I overreact to my boss asking me to get him coffee?
- 274 How to prevent students from using modified calculators to cheat on exams?
- 271 Why is it considered racist to say "White Lives Matter"?
- 179 A student keeps using a native language while asking questions in the class when the course is taught in English
- 172 Upset by male classmates openly comparing female students according to physical appearance
- 159 How can I deal with managers that refuse to accept use of common software engineering design patterns?
- View more network posts →