Julie in Austin
Over 30 years in the software business primarily in the field of operating system internals and security (NSA, TCSEC, CC, etc), spending my time these days working on renewable energy systems monitoring and management software, as well as firmware for power conversion hardware.
Most of my work these days is with embedded systems, primarily AMD Geode with the occasional Via processor or ATmega. I've started looking at ARM and PIC parts as well. Communications is mostly RS485 or PLC, and protocols are Modbus (RTU and TCP) or proprietary.
I've also been doing a fair bit of circuit design and PCB layout of late, which I actually started doing long before I ever wrote a lick of software. Apparently I'm regressing. I'm back to thinking that 2KB RAM is "a lot". I expect to be playing with Legos and milk carton building blocks in another 10 or 15 years.
Member for 6 years, 4 months
16 profile views
Last seen Sep 25 '19 at 18:57
- The Workplace 4.4k 4.4k 1010 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 888 888 55 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Ask Patents 512 512 22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Information Security 373 373 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair 201 201 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 41 Is my employer paying me fairly? Going from 1099 to W2
- 38 Employee refuses to sit at desk with rest of team, sits in common area instead
- 30 How to make interviewee comfortable interviewing in lounge chairs
- 23 How to torpedo a bad patent my former large employer is filing?
- 20 Unavailable manager says ‘I’m always available’
- 19 Went to a big 4 but got fired for underperformance in a year recently - Now every one thinks I'm pro - How to balance expectations?
- 19 1Password for team how secure it is?
- View more network posts →