Professional PHP developer with a tendency to defend that language where others just throw their hands up - although there certainly are things it would be good to throw away and start again! Similarly, I'm a big fan of PostgreSQL, but not of routinely bashing MySQL except in the specific cases where it deserves it.
I tend to downvote answers that give a literal code solution to the problem posed with no accompanying explanation, as they miss the opportunity to teach people how to solve the problem themselves next time.
If I'm arguing with you after 23:00 UTC, please tell me to go to bed!
I spend a lot of time explaining the PHP SimpleXML API, and defending against misconceptions and misunderstandings; here are a top 3:
var_dump()SimpleXML data, or you will be more confused than when you started. I have written some debug functions to use instead.
- There is nothing wrong with CDATA sections in SimpleXML. Just always cast to string.
- Namespaces (AKA "tags with colons in them") are really easy - just use the
- Stack Overflow 54k 54k 77 gold badges6868 silver badges110110 bronze badges
- Skeptics 3.5k 3.5k 22 gold badges1515 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Information Security 2.9k 2.9k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 871 871 55 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 644 644 55 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1321 Save PL/pgSQL output from PostgreSQL to a CSV file
- 157 Did NOAA publish a fake map with temperature data it doesn't have?
- 143 Can PHP PDO Statements accept the table or column name as parameter?
- 110 Did 96% of Hillary Clinton's 2015 charitable donations go to the Clinton Family Foundation?
- 87 Does New York City legally recognize 31 different genders?
- 73 Replace preg_replace() e modifier with preg_replace_callback
- 72 What does a website see if I am connected on my native IP and then enable my VPN?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
May 12 '16