Help a man against his will and you do the same as murder him.
"Words are important. If you cannot say what you mean, Your Majesty, you will never mean what you say"
“Kindly let me help you or you will drown,” said the monkey putting the fish safely up a tree. -Alan Watts
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.”
Member for 5 years
1,467 profile views
Last seen yesterday
Top network posts
- 749 Criticized for doing my job too well
- 697 Coworker keeps threatening to tattle on me for "time theft"
- 443 How do I deal with an autistic employee who criticizes teammates publicly and doesn't understand the harm in doing so?
- 395 How to handle being asked to automate jobs as a temp worker
- 376 Coworker is easily and often offended and doesn't want us to mention offensive topics like facial hair
- 360 How can I deal with "troublesome" Professional Engineer?
- 347 My boss gave me an end date for my job- but he wants a very complex project done before then
- View more network posts →