I'm just an old relic of a bygone era, offering what I can to the upcoming generations.
"Before arguing with an idiot, first make sure he's not doing the same thing."
"Once an organization grows to the size where it requires a bureaucracy to management, advancement is no longer determined by merit, but by skill in navigation of said bureaucracy"
"A false friend is worse than an open enemy." German Proverb.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" -Einstein
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." -Calvin Coolidge
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." -Jean-Luc Picard STTNG
"If we affirm one single moment, we thus affirm not only ourselves but all existence. For nothing is self-sufficient, neither in us ourselves nor in things; and if our soul has trembled with happiness and sounded like a harp string just once, all eternity was needed to produce this one event—and in this single moment of affirmation all eternity was called good, redeemed, justified, and affirmed." — Nietzsche
"The mind is it's own place, and can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n" - Milton.
"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."
— Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
Member for 4 years, 4 months
1,394 profile views
Last seen 2 days ago
Top network posts
- 735 Criticized for doing my job too well
- 692 Coworker keeps threatening to tattle on me for "time theft"
- 439 How do I deal with an autistic employee who criticizes teammates publicly and doesn't understand the harm in doing so?
- 395 How to handle being asked to automate jobs as a temp worker
- 374 Coworker is easily and often offended and doesn't want us to mention offensive topics like facial hair
- 346 My boss gave me an end date for my job- but he wants a very complex project done before then
- 325 Should I include controversial achievements in my resume?
- View more network posts →