No longer answering questions or participating in this stack:
When moderators are permitted to post personal attacks as answers, and replying to them gets you suspended, there really is no point.
"All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others". - Dedicated to you know who.
"Before arguing with an idiot, first make sure he's not doing the same thing."
"Power plus lack of accountability creates nothing but misery"
"Once an organization grows to the size where it requires a bureaucracy to management, advancement is no longer determined by merit, but by skill in navigation of said bureaucracy"
"A false friend is worse than an open enemy." German Proverb.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" -Einstein
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." -Calvin Coolidge
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." -Jean-Luc Picard STTNG
"If we affirm one single moment, we thus affirm not only ourselves but all existence. For nothing is self-sufficient, neither in us ourselves nor in things; and if our soul has trembled with happiness and sounded like a harp string just once, all eternity was needed to produce this one event—and in this single moment of affirmation all eternity was called good, redeemed, justified, and affirmed." — Nietzsche
"The mind is it's own place, and can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n" - Milton.
"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."
— Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
Member for 3 years, 5 months
905 profile views
Last seen Apr 19 at 17:11
- The Workplace 103.7k 103.7k 7575 gold badges285285 silver badges413413 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 7.6k 7.6k 11 gold badge2929 silver badges6464 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 6.4k 6.4k 1414 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 650 650 33 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Pets 316 316 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 719 Criticized for doing my job too well
- 689 Coworker keeps threatening to tattle on me for "time theft"
- 439 How do I deal with an autistic employee who criticizes teammates publicly and doesn't understand the harm in doing so?
- 394 How to handle being asked to automate jobs as a temp worker
- 373 Coworker is easily and often offended and doesn't want us to mention offensive topics like facial hair
- 346 My boss gave me an end date for my job- but he wants a very complex project done before then
- 325 Should I include controversial achievements in my resume?
- View more network posts →