Here to help whomever I can. Jack of all trades, been from the mop to the top. My answers are honest, if blunt and I won't tell you what you want to hear over what you need to hear.
Graduate of the school of hard knocks after overpaying the tuition.
I've had several careers, and have also volunteered as
- career coach
- resume writer
- communications instructor
I have taught classes on
- job hunting methods
- job hunting etiquette
- cover letters
- thank you notes
- cross-cultural skills and pitfalls
I have experience in the following industries.
- Graphics arts
- News/print media
- Help Desk
- Non Profit
I have held the following jobs
- Food Safety specialist
- Sign Designer
- Project manager
- Systems architect
- Data Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Level 3 helpdesk
Special help for those needing to learn about and find resources for:
- Autism support
- Support for the deaf/hearing impaired
- Workers with learning disabilities
- Workers with physical disabilities
- Advice on Unions
- The American Disabilities Act
- Combatting discrimination.
- LGBT resources
- Returning to work after prolonged absence
- Rebuilding your career after a misstep
Been to hell and back often enough to be a tour guide
Born 1/2 deaf, blue with permanent damage to my motor centers, autistic, Learning disabled, diabetic, grew up poor, been homeless, rebuilt myself from that.... Amused by people who tell me how easy I've had it due to my "privilege"
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." -Calvin Coolidge
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." -Jean-Luc Picard STTNG
"If we affirm one single moment, we thus affirm not only ourselves but all existence. For nothing is self-sufficient, neither in us ourselves nor in things; and if our soul has trembled with happiness and sounded like a harp string just once, all eternity was needed to produce this one event—and in this single moment of affirmation all eternity was called good, redeemed, justified, and affirmed." — Nietzsche
"The mind is it's own place, and can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n" - Milton.
"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."
— Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
Member for 3 years, 2 months
805 profile views
Last seen 2 hours ago
Top Network Posts
- 714 Criticized for doing my job too well
- 683 Coworker keeps threatening to tattle on me for "time theft"
- 437 How do I deal with an autistic employee who criticizes teammates publicly and doesn't understand the harm in doing so?
- 393 How to handle being asked to automate jobs as a temp worker
- 370 Coworker is easily and often offended and doesn't want us to mention offensive topics like facial hair
- 345 My boss gave me an end date for my job- but he wants a very complex project done before then
- 325 Should I include controversial achievements in my resume?
- View more network posts →