Here to help whomever I can. Jack of all trades, been from the mop to the top.
Graduate of the school of hard knocks after overpaying the tuition.
I've had several careers, and have also volunteered as
- career coach
- resume writer
- communications instructor
I have taught classes on
- job hunting methods
- job hunting etiquette
- cover letters
- thank you notes
- cross-cultural skills and pitfalls
I have experience in the following industries.
- Graphics arts
- News/print media
- Help Desk
- Non Profit
I have held the following jobs
- Food Safety specialist
- Sign Designer
- Project manager
- Systems architect
- Data Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Level 3 helpdesk
I can give special help to those needing to learn about and find resources for:
- Autism support
- Support for the deaf/hearing impaired
- Workers with learning disabilities
- Workers with physical disabilities
- Advice on Unions
- Navigating the American Disabilities Act
- Finding resources to combat discrimination.
- LGBT resources
- Coming back to work after a prolonged absence
- Rebuilding your career after a misstep
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." -Calvin Coolidge
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." -Patric Stewart as "Jean-Luc Picard"
"If we affirm one single moment, we thus affirm not only ourselves but all existence. For nothing is self-sufficient, neither in us ourselves nor in things; and if our soul has trembled with happiness and sounded like a harp string just once, all eternity was needed to produce this one event—and in this single moment of affirmation all eternity was called good, redeemed, justified, and affirmed." — Nietzsche
Dear friends... Today is the day that the Clown cried. And he cries not for the passing of one man, but for the death of a dream. The dream that he would someday taste the ultimate victory over his hated enemy. For it was the Batman who made me the happy soul I am today. How I agonized over the perfect way to thank him for that. Perhaps with a cyanide pie in the face. Or an exploding whoopie-cushion playfully planted in the Batmobile. -The Joker
Member for 3 years
513 profile views
Last seen 12 hours ago
Top Network Posts
- 710 Criticized for doing my job too well
- 681 Coworker keeps threatening to tattle on me for "time theft"
- 433 How do I deal with an autistic employee who criticizes teammates publicly and doesn't understand the harm in doing so?
- 392 How to handle being asked to automate jobs as a temp worker
- 369 Coworker is easily and often offended and doesn't want us to mention offensive topics like facial hair
- 342 My boss gave me an end date for my job- but he wants a very complex project done before then
- 325 Should I include controversial achievements in my resume?
- View more network posts →