Embedded software and DSP developer since 1985.
Experience ranging from developing sonars for submarines, through earth stations for satellite communications and miniature, extreme low power satellite radio devices to road traffic controllers with all of the safety constraints that this involves.
I have used many generations of processors from the new-fangled intel 8086/8087 combo through 8051, 80x86, DSP56K, MSP430 to ARM-Cortex and MIPS embedded processors but always with less than 512K of memory.
Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Member for 4 years, 9 months
0 profile views
Last seen Mar 21 '19 at 15:51
- Electrical Engineering 3.5k 3.5k 1919 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 3k 3k 11 gold badge1414 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 2.5k 2.5k 11 gold badge2121 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- The Workplace 1.1k 1.1k 11 gold badge66 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Retrocomputing 469 469 33 silver badges44 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 134 Why are statements in many programming languages terminated by semicolons?
- 133 Is a public "shoutouts" channel a good or bad idea?
- 31 Did personal computers ever support 8" floppies?
- 26 It's been more than 10 years (since I designed hardware with RS-232), and we're still using RS-232?
- 23 Employees are gaming their performance metrics, instead of doing what's best for the company
- 19 What MCU, need hi res ADCs?
- 19 What's the schematic to share one crystal with two micros?
- View more network posts →