I develop mostly in the Microsoft stack for an imaging system - C#, SQL-Server, ASP.NET, and SOAP WebServices - with an emphasis more on the back-end (since most of our development is consumed by internal customers that are developing their own GUI front end.)
I enjoy music and music theory, high-level programming with abstractions (oh, man, things are so much better now that I don't have to mess with raw sockets and manual memory allocation) and helping newer developers get a better handle on the thought processes for development. It's one thing to show someone a solution - it's another thing entirely to help them understand how to approach the problem to arrive at that solution.
Des Moines, IA, United States
Member for 3 years, 5 months
10 profile views
Last seen Jan 7 at 16:26
- The Workplace 28k 28k 99 gold badges5555 silver badges102102 bronze badges
- Personal Finance & Money 2.5k 2.5k 77 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Politics 2.4k 2.4k 55 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 2.1k 2.1k 77 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 1.5k 1.5k 44 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 259 Just found I was supposed to be working on a completely different project since 8 months ago. How can I handle this?
- 192 Taking advantage when HR forgets to communicate the rules
- 180 As a vegetarian, how can I deal with microwave ovens smelling of meat and fish?
- 128 Departing senior engineer refuses to introduce replacement to open source community/peers
- 128 Should I share with a new service provider a bill from its competitor?
- 123 Seeking ways to keep a valuable employee
- 117 My boss wants me to recreate everything I have done for my previous employer
- View more network posts →