Been developing software for fun and profit since the early 70's. It's been an interesting ride, and I've gotten to see a lot of technologies come, go, and come again. I'm particularly interested in programming languages and watching the reinvention of strong typing that's going on now.
Long time runner, including a few marathons, but my pace is now quite gentle (euphemism for "slow").
Enjoy creating pottery on the wheel and (very gradually) improving. I now have a full set of wine goblets, each of which is a serious bit of work.
Member for 1 year, 6 months
2 profile views
Last seen Oct 23 at 13:28
- Interpersonal Skills 6.4k 6.4k 33 gold badges1414 silver badges3636 bronze badges
- The Workplace 1.9k 1.9k 66 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 386 386 11 gold badge22 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 121 121 55 bronze badges
- Personal Finance & Money 101 101 11 silver badge22 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 133 How can I ask my girlfriend to be my gym buddy without hurting her feelings?
- 101 How to tell someone I'd like to become friends without causing them to think I'm romantically interested in them?
- 87 Workplace intimidation due to child's chronic health condition
- 58 How to try to get my neighbour to park their car in their assigned spot?
- 53 Senior employee of my team understood my email as an order and didn't like it
- 50 How do I insist my wife gets rid of her recently bought pet spider, given that I'm arachnophobic?
- 34 How to maintain healthy conversation with a partner long term
- View more network posts →