I'm an international conference speaker: to date I've spoken in Manchester, London, France, Italy, Serbia, Bulgaria and some usergroups and companies privately to groups of between 200 and 600 people at the main conferences and I love sharing my knowledge and helping others who want to learn!
Right now I'm working at Sixt - within 4 months I was tasked with leading a team to rewrite micro services in our customer registration and activation domain. Tech includes: Golang, distributed systems, microservices, DDD and a healthy dose of pragmatism, and within the year I will be working more in management.
At trivago, I led and mentored two teams of senior and mid-level developers and operations at trivago on the from-scratch creation of distributed systems bringing in several hundred million euros a year. I was also responsible for managing expectations with stakeholders, sprint planning and prioritisation for both teams, interviewing external developers as a hiring manager, mentoring and making architectural decisions with senior developers as well as diving in and contributing more directly with the codebase each week. I much prefer 'hands-on'.
I hang around in Room 11 (PHP) on StackOverflow chat, come say hi!
- Stack Overflow 19.6k 19.6k 1212 gold badges7171 silver badges110110 bronze badges
- The Workplace 2k 2k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 516 516 33 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Code Review 351 351 22 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Arqade 161 161 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 808 Simplest PHP example for retrieving user_timeline with Twitter API version 1.1
- 96 YAML Multi-Line Arrays
- 86 Could asking questions online damage my professional reputation?
- 81 As a developer, how can I ask for more freedom when confronted with a tight IT security policy?
- 61 Docker Compose - Share named volume between multiple containers
- 49 PDO Login Script Always Re-Directing To Header Page
- 44 Design Patterns: How to create database object/connection only when needed?
- View more network posts →