Running a fully commercial business unit inside a government-owned scientific research organisation providing a highly technical software product to a multi-billion dollar international industry from a small spot in the South Pacific.
But - with a happy team, a decent home/work balance, happy clients and sales up, things are going okay.
Work locations include the UK, Netherlands, France and New Zealand, as well as training/supporting clients in a wide variety of countries and cultures.
Work environments have inlcuded contracting at house-hold name corporates, time at large international firms and working 8-weeks-on, 4-weeks-off on a survey vessel in the North Sea.
Here to learn and share, and let others gain the benefits of painfully learned mistakes, while aiming to have enough wisdom to learn from the mistakes of others.
Member for 7 years, 3 months
3 profile views
Last seen Jan 2 '13 at 2:57
Top network posts
- 91 Using gym at workplace during work hours
- 37 How can I approach my boss with bad news?
- 35 What is the purpose of wearing a uniform even though we are seldom, if ever, visible to other people?
- 31 How do I request new equipment for the office?
- 30 How can I professionally and politely disagree with Management about my performance review?
- 30 What reason does an employer have to mandate all travel booking be via the same travel agency?
- 28 In the context of evaluating job applicants, what is "flight risk" and how is it measured?
- View more network posts →