Over the last 18 years I have managed both small local teams, and teams of over 100 across 18 countries; I have founded two of my own companies, and been part of senior management at 2 global consultancies; currently I'm head of a global team.
I have created the training and development pathways for technical teams at 3 global organisations, including industry, niche, business, technical and personal skills requirements matched against our team delivery needs.
The team I built at my previous employer was the highest rated in the organisation's people scores, and was shortlisted for an industry award in June 2015.
In addition to the day job, I am Moderator of the Security, Music, Parenting, Outdoors, Video Production and Sound Design Stack Exchange sites.
I am a a mentor and coach for numerous security professionals in Scotland and across the globe, providing career guidance as well as promoting a passion for the industry, and coaching on presentation and communication skills.
Scotland, United Kingdom
Member for 8 years, 2 months
64 profile views
Last seen Mar 23 at 11:09
- Information Security♦ 60.8k 60.8k 1111 gold badges111111 silver badges310310 bronze badges
- Music: Practice & Theory♦ 34k 34k 99 gold badges5858 silver badges132132 bronze badges
- Parenting♦ 25.6k 25.6k 77 gold badges5353 silver badges107107 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors♦ 23.6k 23.6k 44 gold badges5757 silver badges130130 bronze badges
- Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair 18.5k 18.5k 55 gold badges5252 silver badges9797 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 294 How can someone go off-web, and anonymise themselves after a life online?
- 249 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 198 My 3 year old daughter thinks she is white. Should I tell her she's not?
- 134 How to explain my complicated family background to people that I don't know very well?
- 125 What's to stop someone from 3D print cloning a key?
- 118 Are spiders unable to hurt humans, especially very small spiders?
- 113 Were children safer in the good old days?
- View more network posts →