I make my living as a communicative geek. I like to think of myself as "Speaker for the Geeks". I have a background in software and security - most especially the nexus of the two in the web world. I'll always be found at the nexus of people and technology - where hard problems need smart people who need help creating and implementing answers. I'll always think my greatest skill is helping smart people form a team to get the really hard stuff solved in the best way possible -- as a team.
I'm currently an Engineering Manager at Akamai - I have to admit, it's simply cool to finally work in a company with a real social media policy that will let me be public about where I work! But all views expressed on this or any site by me are my own, for better or worse.
When I'm not doing software stuff, I study medieval India, study dance, and work in the Burlesque scene.
Member for 7 years, 4 months
67 profile views
Last seen Aug 26 '16 at 20:31
- The Workplace 72.4k 72.4k 44 gold badges144144 silver badges288288 bronze badges
- Information Security 11k 11k 11 gold badge2323 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 7.6k 7.6k 11 gold badge2222 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 4k 4k 1818 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 429 429 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 126 How can I respond to "Why shouldn't we hire you?"
- 109 What do I say when resigning after just a month?
- 94 How can I overcome "years of experience" requirements when applying to positions?
- 86 Selecting interview attire for a technical job interview
- 86 Is it naive to tell my current employer that I'll be leaving, months in advance?
- 84 How can I deal with a difficult coworker?
- 80 What are the main things a programmer expects from the senior programmer?
- View more network posts →