I make my living as a communicative geek. I like to think of myself as "Speaker for the Geeks". I have a background in software and security - most especially the nexus of the two in the web world. I'll always be found at the nexus of people and technology - where hard problems need smart people who need help creating and implementing answers. I'll always think my greatest skill is helping smart people form a team to get the really hard stuff solved in the best way possible -- as a team.
I'm currently an Engineering Manager at Akamai - I have to admit, it's simply cool to finally work in a company with a real social media policy that will let me be public about where I work! But all views expressed on this or any site by me are my own, for better or worse.
When I'm not doing software stuff, I study medieval India, study dance, and work in the Burlesque scene.
Member for 8 years, 6 months
68 profile views
Last seen Sep 11 at 14:36
- The Workplace 76.9k 76.9k 44 gold badges154154 silver badges297297 bronze badges
- Information Security 11.4k 11.4k 11 gold badge2525 silver badges5858 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 7.6k 7.6k 11 gold badge2323 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 4.3k 4.3k 1919 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 429 429 33 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 126 How can I respond to "Why shouldn't we hire you?"
- 110 What do I say when resigning after just a month?
- 97 How can I overcome "years of experience" requirements when applying to positions?
- 89 Selecting interview attire for a technical job interview
- 89 How should I answer "How are you liking the job?" if I don't like it?
- 89 Is it naive to tell my current employer that I'll be leaving, months in advance?
- 86 How can I deal with a difficult coworker?
- View more network posts →