I make my living as a communicative geek. I like to think of myself as "Speaker for the Geeks". I have a background in software and security - most especially the nexus of the two in the web world. I'll always be found at the nexus of people and technology - where hard problems need smart people who need help creating and implementing answers. I'll always think my greatest skill is helping smart people form a team to get the really hard stuff solved in the best way possible -- as a team.
I'm currently an Engineering Manager at Akamai - I have to admit, it's simply cool to finally work in a company with a real social media policy that will let me be public about where I work! But all views expressed on this or any site by me are my own, for better or worse.
When I'm not doing software stuff, I study medieval India, study dance, and work in the Burlesque scene.
- The Workplace 78.3k 78.3k 44 gold badges156156 silver badges301301 bronze badges
- Information Security 11.5k 11.5k 11 gold badge2626 silver badges5858 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 7.6k 7.6k 11 gold badge2424 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 4.4k 4.4k 2020 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 429 429 33 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 134 How can I respond to "Why shouldn't we hire you?"
- 110 What do I say when resigning after just a month?
- 99 How can I overcome "years of experience" requirements when applying to positions?
- 95 Selecting interview attire for a technical job interview
- 91 Is it naive to tell my current employer that I'll be leaving, months in advance?
- 90 How should I answer "How are you liking the job?" if I don't like it?
- 86 How can I deal with a difficult coworker?
- View more network posts →