Freelance Microsoft SQL Server Database - Business Intelligence Architect
Available for contract engagements in the Twin Cities of Minnesota or remote with no more than 20% travel. Website and resume at http://www.jimhorn.biz. Email jim at jimhorn dot biz. Twitter @sqljimbo.
*** Skillsets SQL Server: SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Database Development, Dashboards, Data Warehousing.
Other Databases: Access, Oracle, Informix, DB2.
Business Intelligence: Power Pivot, Power Query, Power View, Power Map, Excel VBA.
Emerging: SSAS Tabular, SSAS Multidimensional, Big Data, Hadoop, Data Mining, DAX, MDX, XML, VB.NET Scripting, C# Scripting, Power Shell, Data Modeling, Master Data Services, Data Quality Services, Change Data Capture, Full Text Search, Service Broker, Talend, Salesforce.com, SOQL, Facebook API, Twitter API, HubSpot.
*** Microsoft Exams Passed 70-461 Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (2013) 70-069 Microsoft Access for Windows '95 (2000, MCP status) 70-051 Microsoft Access Application Development (1998)
*** Awards Experts Exchange Most Valuable Expert (MVE) (2014) Nominated for Microsoft MVP awards in SQL Server and Access.
*** Volunteer work Page Editor and Topic Advisor on the website Experts Exchange.
*** IT Software Teaching Experience SQL Saturday #238 Presenter (2013) Benchmark Learning: Access 2010 Levels 2 and 3 (2011, 2012). ExecuTrain of Minnesota: Access Beginning to Advanced, Access Development, Visual Basic 6 Development, and Excel VBA Development (2003). On-demand mentoring of other developers, both remote and local.
*** IT Education PASS Summit 2012 PASS Business Analytics Conference 2014 IT Master's course at Benchmark Learning. Pragmatic Works SSIS and SSAS Workshops Various SQL Saturday events and other SQL-VB-Access VBA training.
*** Non-IT Education MBA in Service Operations Management, University of Minnesota, 1997. BA in Accounting and Army ROTC, Michigan State University, 1991. Various U.S. Army and Boy Scouts of America adult leader training.
Eden Prairie, MN, USA
Member for 2 years
0 profile views
Last seen Sep 13 '19 at 14:53
Top network posts
- 52 Laptop turned in to IT support has a document with staff member's name. Is it ethical for the staff member to read it?
- 20 Answering "Tell us about a technical decision you had to make in the past"
- 20 I've accepted a new job and handed in my notice. My employer wants me to work a longer notice, what should I do?
- 11 How do I respond to requests for a "guarantee" not to leave after a few months?
- 8 How many hours can a minor do in Minnesota?
- 8 What can I expect working with a recruiter who sends template messages without even including names?
- 7 Login to Workbench returns an error 'OAUTH_APP_ACCESS_DENIED: user is not admin approved to access this app
- View more network posts →